The College of Natural Science’s Texas Transfers program (TxT) aims to provide new transfer students with a small community of peers, mentors, and advisors in order to lessen the effects of “transfer shock” and increase retention.
The Texas Transfers program is a Transfer-Year Interest Group (TrIG) and designed to meet the unique needs of students transferring to UT. TxT places emphasis on university resources and addresses challenges that are unique to transfer students. Indicate your interest to your advisor during transfer orientation.
The TxT program provides new transfer students with…
- A sense of community with a small cohort of fellow incoming transfer students.
- A peer mentor who was once a new transfer student.
- Transfer specific academic and career planning.
- Resources at the University and in Austin to help with a smooth transition.
- Access to a research opportunity within the first year at UT.